Welcome To Cappitol Wellness
At Cappitol Wellness, our goal is to help you live a flavor- filled life with a seasonal, plant-based diet. Our CSA, 5 A DAY CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), is one of the ways that we help. A CSA is an investment in a farm and farmer where your advance purchases allow us to purchase seeds, purchase supplies, purchase equipment plant seeds, and seedlings and once the harvest season begins, you the shareholder, receive the fruit of our work and the farm's harvest each week.
Before GoFundMe, farmers invented the CSA.
And you also share the risk, of hail damage, too much rain,not enough rain, locusts, groundhogs... you get the picture. We work diligently to mitigate the risks but on every farm, the weather can be a bit tricky and unpredictable.
5 A DAY CSA delivers organically grown fruit and vegetables to families of all sizes in the metropolitan DC area.
What we grow on the farm, helps you grow- healthier. And when we grow, you grow, and enjoy fresh seasonal food from a local farm and farmer.
Why are we so head over heals and heels about farms?
We believe in :
- Farms as healing centers that offer big doses of open spaces, the great outdoors, clean.fresh air for deep breathing and meditation, multicolored, vibrant spaces for movement and physical activity, and information on simple lifestyle changes that support long, productive lives.
- Fresh Food for All- Introducing fresh, nourishing and nutrient dense food to all communities in the suburban DC area. Whether you live in a farm desert or a food swamp, our mission is to help communities create a food oasis rich in macro and micronutrients.
- Fairness- Fair wages and safe working conditions for all farm employees
- Conservation- Of Soil and Water. From rain harvesting to drip irrigation, we recognize water as a precious resource and part of the foundation of farming. And we don't just grow in soil ,we also work to preserve soil health, prevent soil erosion and cultivate the soil ecosystem.
- AgriCULTURE-people of all backgrounds coming together to enjoy recipes, spices, flavors, herbs and food from around the world
- Education- about agriculture, health and nutrition from experienced, educated professionals that have dedicated time and effort to ensure that the information you receive is reliable and safe. We focus on helping you develop lasting lifestyle changes that stand the test of time, one meal at a time.
- Deliciousness. Last but not least, we love food. Rich food dripping with flavor, spices, and herbs. Food that makes you eat with your eyes first, but also adds nutrients, and not empty calories. We love recipes and dishes from around the globe, and grow some of the ingredients right here in Maryland. Stay tuned and sign up for our newsletter for recipes that we think you will enjoy.
We know that change is hard, but it's worth the effort. And it tastes sooo good with farm fresh berries and veggies.
While you're here, take a listen to our conversation with registered dietitian Cordialis Msora-Kasago, contributor to our Growing Healthy Families Program , regional director of Sodexo, founder of the The African Pot Nutrition and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.