Welcome To Cappitol Wellness
At Cappitol Wellness, our goal is to help you live a flavor- full life with a seasonal plant-based diet. Our CSA, 5 A DAY Community Supported Agriculture, is one of the ways that we help.
5 A DAY CSA delivers organically grown fruit and vegetables to families of all sizes in the metropolitan DC area.
What we grow on the farm, helps you grow- healthier. And when we grow, you grow and enjoy fresh seasonal food from a local farm.
We believe in :
- Farms as healing centers that offer big doses of the great outdoors, the healing power of nature and information on simple lifestyle changes that support long, productive lives.
- Fresh Food for All- Introducing fresh, nourishing and nutrient dense food to all communities in the suburban DC area. Whether you live in a farm desert or a food swamp, our mission is to help communities create a food oasis rich in macro and micronutrients.
- Fairness- Fair wages and safe working conditions for all farm employees
- Regenerative Agriculture- strongly enriched soil creating strong nutrient-dense plants that ultimately sustain and nourish the human body. Compost, cover crops, soil amendments, crop rotation and water management are key to soil health and wellness. Preserving soil ecosystems ,and biodiversity is critical to soil health and plant growth
- Conservation- Of Soil and Water. From rain harvesting to drip irrigation, we recognize water as a precious resource and part of the foundation of farming. And we don't just grow in soil ,we also work to preserve soil health, prevent soil erosion and cultivate the soil ecosystem.
- AgriCULTURE-people of all backgrounds coming together to enjoy recipes, spices, flavors, herbs and food from around the world
- Education- about agriculture, health and nutrition from experienced, educated professionals that have dedicated time and effort to ensure that the information you receive is reliable and safe. We focus on helping you develop lasting lifestyle changes that stand the test of time, one meal at a time.
- Deliciousness. Last but not least, we love food. Rich food dripping with flavor, spices, and herbs. Food that makes you eat with your eyes first, but also adds nutrients, and not empty calories. We love recipes and dishes from around the globe, and grow some of the ingredients right here in Maryland. Stay tuned and sign up for our newsletter for recipes that we think you will enjoy.
We know that change is hard but its worth the effort. And it tastes sooo good with farm fresh berries and veggies.
While you're here, take a listen to our conversation with registered dietitian Cordialis Msora-Kasago, contributor to our Growing Healthy Families Program , regional director of Sodexo, founder of the The African Pot Nutrition and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.